Strawberry Singh posts these wonderful memes every Monday, and this week (although she promises something REALLY BIG for next Monday), I just could not resist! Check her outstanding blog for more information about the memes – and fashion, photography, technical information related to SL, and a host of other interesting and timely topics. Yaya, Berry!
So…here we go: The Communications Meme…
- Who did you speak to last inworld today? Christie Spad – we’re planning something FUN!
- Who has taught you most about SL? Without a doubt, it’s Lorac Farella – she and her partner, Bliss Darkstone got me and Aeon started, as they were the first people we actually met in SL. Lorac is the creative genius behind Pulse Skins/AvatarArt, and I am still using the shape she first gave me (modified). I love that – and I think Lorac is amazing. Her RL artwork that she graciously allowed us to exhibit at Ce Soir is simply stunning! We plan to share it again in the fall, so watch for that!
- Who do you turn to for help? Garvie Garzo is my go-to gal for anything that I just can’t “get” when it comes to building or managing life in SL. She’s brilliant and helped me loads when first creating Ce Soir Arts. There are others who’ve been very kind and generous with invaluable help (and they know who they are!), but Garvie takes the lead (with Pavl Duke taking a close second!). Oh…and I cannot forget the rest of the Builders Brewery crew! Thank you Supremius and Sen Maximus!
- Who is the most entertaining person on your friend list? Even with all the creative folks on my friend list, it simply has to be the one and only Russell Eponym! He is the Poet Laureate of Ce Soir Arts – and his readings and ruminations are invigorating and informative to say the least. Sensitive and wise, he’s a masterful musician, a prolific poet, and a fine artist and actor. Russell brings it all! (Not that Aeon is not entertaining, mind you! He’s the most hilarious person in any world, and I love him so! And then, there’s Cousin Silas. What can I say? Oh, my!)
- Do you speak to your SL friends outside of SL? Yes, there are a few – mostly family members and people we met a long time ago. I do talk about SL with others as well. Some of them have avis and some don’t, but they all know how much I love SL and generally know what I’m up to here. They even ask me (and Aeon) about it!
- Are you part of a community or family inworld? Well, we have actual RL relatives inworld and so, yes on that count. The Ce Soir Society is a little family too – artists, poets, musicians, etc., who share their work with us. We treasure them all!
- Are you usually around a lot of people or do you spend most of your time alone inworld? I am very often surrounded by crowds of concert-goers and play and poetry audiences as well as those who gather to enjoy the work of presently-exhibiting artists at Ce Soir Arts. I have a little enclave of close friends and we shop or just sit and talk, sometimes one at a time or in small groupings. I spend a lot of time with my beloved, Aeon, and with those aforementioned RL family members inworld as well. All that aside, though, I LOVE to explore and take photographs on my own – and to build when there’s no one else around. The solitude, peace and quiet are just wonderful and I highly recommend it!
I hope you enjoyed the above…but mostly, I hope it will inspire you to explore these questions for yourself. Interesting stuff!
Visit us and exlore. See the art of Fae Varriale, now on exhibit, and the gardens.
Dance, relax, enjoy!