First, the wonderful Strawberry Singh posted her Monday Meme today – and it’s all about that creepy holiday that seems to be so popular in SL: Hallowe’en!
Don’t get me wrong, I ADORE Hallowe’en, but not for the reason many might think. I like it for the creepiness, yes…and for the CANDY…but the REAL REASON I like it will remain a secret forever. MUAHAHAHA!
Here’s the Meme – and do pop round to Berry‘s place and have a go at it!
- Did you go trick or treating as a child? When we moved to the US, it was already Hallowe’en time (October). There were pumpkins and candy everywhere – with witches brews and brooms (and those darling witches hats) all over the place, and I was fascinated! (I was, after all, a mere child at the time.) We got into it – decorating with fall leaves and squashes at the door – and some smoky foglike vapour coming from a swirling vat of eye of knewt and beetle innards. YUM! And yes, we “Trick–or–Treated” on the night. My brother was the hapless ghost and I was the eeriest witch ever! (Yes, our parents let us dress up like that – although, Mummy would much rather have seen us in cowboy/cowgirl gear or dressed as Prince Charming and Cinderella on the magic night.)
- What was the best Halloween costume you ever saw or wore yourself? I was once the EVIL version of Marilyn Monroe. It was really fun! I was older and the costume was that wonderful white dress she wore in The Seven Year Itch (the one with the skirt flying up over the street vent). Of course, it was all bloody and caked with brains and things. Oh, and ripped. Mhmmm…
- What is your most vivid memory about Halloween? Even though I have enjoyed many FUN Hallowe’ens, there is one that will always stand out in my memory. I have always been afraid of frogs. (Even typing that gives me the WILLIES!) One year, when I was 16 and too old for Trick–or–Treat (but NOT for parties!), my brother did a HORRIBLE thing! I had been shopping that day, so there were a few boxes and bags in my room. I rushed out on a date – all dressed up, of course. When I came home, my room was still a bit of a mess. I was tired, so I just washed my face and got into bed. Reading a bit before sleep, I kept hearing something. Like paper crackling…or something. Once, it was a rather big sound, and I sat up and looked around. Nothing. And then…a bag on the floor MOVED! OMD! I screamed! Everyone was apparently well asleep and no one responded. I knew I must be crazy and tried to go to sleep – but I couldn’t! I KNEW that bag was going to jump on me in the night! So…I got up to investigate. I slowly opened the bag more fully to peer inside…and what was in there? A FROG! OMD! It jumped up on me and I had to TOUCH the slimy thing to get it off me! It then bounded around the room as if it were crazed! I screamed and screamed! My parents woke and came in – my mean brother behind them. They could not find it, and it was almost as if they did not believe me. I was betrayed! That snot-ball brother! He smirked at me throughout the ordeal – and when we finally found the frog (on the door handle of all places!), he just stuck his tongue out at me and ran to bed. My parents did not know what to think, but finally they soothed me with creamy tea and I tried to sleep. Which I did not. EEK! (Now, I have the creepy-crawlies!)
- What is the scariest movie you have ever seen? The Exorcist. That is – hands down – the scariest movie ever. I like creepy things, but draw the line at…well, I can’t even write it. *shivers*
- Do you ever get nightmares after watching a scary movie? Yes. This is why we don’t watch them very often. Aeon must hold my hand throughout…and sometimes he thinks he is going to lose his fingers because I squeeze his hand so tightly. Nothing calms me, so we just avoid those films. <SMILE>
- Are you superstitious? If so, name at least one superstition of yours. There is just one. (And I can’t talk about it. See #4 for more information.)
- What will you be doing for Halloween this year, if anything, in SL and RL? In SL, I will be parading around with Aeon in our vampyre trappings. We have something to do that night…if you get my drift… I will also be clearing the Gallery of my “Words & Pictures” as a new artist will be exhibiting for November. More information on that soon! In RL, there will be TONS of candy to distribute as the sun sets…and a spooky little party at a friend’s house after that. FUNZIES!
Now, I am exhausted! I am doing well, but it took me all day to write this. Worth every moment, as the memories and the fun are sweet as candy corn! (Except for that one…)
Have fun and be safe this week!