It’s almost Thanksgiving and – whew! – my dental appointment got rescheduled, so now I’ll get to enjoy the feast tomorrow! WOOTS! Seriously, I am having a bit of work done, but it’s been delayed until after Christmas. I’m not too sad about this; in fact, it works out better for my schedule, so I’ll be spending the early part of the holiday season relaxing at home with family and friends – and enjoying SL and other virtual environs.
We had a glorious time with our Poet Laureate, Russell Eponym, yesterday at The Magic Tree Reading Spot in Ce Soir Arts. He was in top form and the lovely group who gathered was relaxed and simply delightful, as they always seem to be. What a wonderful hour of poetry, prose, wit, wisdom, and song we enjoyed! Thank you, Russell, for reading to us from such wonderful writers as yourself. When you share your memoirs, it’s absolutely enthralling!
If you missed this week’s reading, never fear! Russell will be reading again next Tuesday at Noon: it’s “same time, same channel,” folks! So come along and enjoy this weekly foray into literature and music that is truly the finest hour of the week. Do plan to join us at The Magic Tree next Tuesday!
That wonderful blogger and photographer Strawberry Singh has offered a fun meme this week. It’s about GEEKS, so you know I had to get involved. I mean, I’m not JUST a geek, but I think I do sort-of qualify. Read the following for more about GEEKDOM and me – and the marvelous Mireille!
- What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above? – I’m not sure where I fit here. I’m definitely into intellectual topics, but I’m not nearly as technologically savvy as my better half. I think I’m kinda nerdy… ?? When it comes to Mireille, she’s so wonderfully intelligent and cosmopolitan – I sometimes wonder how it is she keeps hanging around with me, but then I remember: she loves me. I am one lucky guy!
- What was the first computer you ever owned? – Oh, wow. We had one of those really early, really clunky models. I cannot remember what it was called, but it had a black screen with green type. Yikes! I think my Mum was a geek! Mireille had (when she was a mere child) a Commodore Amiga 1000. Anyone remember that? 1985…
- When and how did you first get on the internet? – Our local ISP offered an online email for the first time in 1990. I dove in! Mireille also had an ISP-based email, also circa 1990. After that, we were HOOKED on the Internet. I remember my first search. I was looking for…BOOKS. Mireille says she first searched the Internet for some scientific information related to her future studies.
- Which geek fandom do you subscribe to? – I am a Trekkie! Go ahead, ask me anything! If I don’t know the answer, I know exactly where to go to get it. Aeon Jenvieve-Woodford hears the strains of that beautiful music…and that voice…”to boldly go…” As for Mireille, she’s a bit into Star Trek as well, and she looks great in her Ship’s Counselor uniform! Needless to say, we’re both into virtual worlds! Enuf said! (Oh, and I like comics too! And have you seen the latest IronMan or Thor films?) Speaking of Thor…Mireille has always loved Thor. I would be jealous… OK, I’m jealous. hehe
- Star Trek or Star Wars? – We are both Star Trek, all the way. But we’re also big fans of literature. From Beowulf to The Yellow Wallpaper, we’re into it – prose, poetry, and all!
- How Geeky Are You? – We did take the test that Strawberry led us to. I scored a 48 and Mireille logged an 88. So, there ya have it! We’re both sorta geeky. Who knew? (Oh, all right! YOU!) hehe…
Thanks for stopping by! Have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING…and do pop on over to Ce Soir Arts to enjoy Russell and MoShang, as always, for a Thursday to remember! Mathilde Vhargon’s outstanding abstract art is still showing through the end of the month as well, so visit The Gallery and The Conservatory at Ce Soir Arts and enjoy!